The other day, I got up rather early on a Saturday, and one of my favorite movies was on TBS. I immediately grabbed a blanket and a bottle of water, and hunkered down to watch. J was still sleeping, though, and before the end of the movie I was lonely. So I got up, and wandered back to the bedroom and snuggled back in under the covers. Then I turned on the television. J was not happy with me...at first.
After awhile, he put on his glasses and watched the end of the movie with me. He was awake in time to catch one of my favorite lines in that movie. It makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.
When the movie was over, we got up and started our morning. Then we went to the last football game of the season for SHS. They had an undefeated season until that day, the first round of the state playoffs. Unfortunately, it was a loser out game, and now they're out. It always makes me sad when football season is over.
While the game was going on, my mind kept replaying that line from the movie over and over and over again. Then I started thinking about how sometimes there are lines that just stick with you for some reason. This happens to me a lot. I have all kinds of random trivia floating around in my gray matter. Then all of a sudden I had all of these random lines with no context running through my head. I needed to share it all with someone, and J was busy watching the football game and ignoring me. So, I have decided to share it with you.
Because it is the beginning of the season of giving, and giving thanks, I decided that instead of just sharing my random trivia with you, I would share it AND a $50 gift card to either Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, or iTunes (or any other store for which I can get a gift card from Safeway)!! You can keep it for yourself, or give it as a gift this season! Whatever floats your boat.
I am thankful for this outlet with which I am able to release much of the randomness from my head.
Here's how it works. I'm going to share some of my favorite lines with you, but be warned: I'm random. The lines are from books, movies, television shows and even a politician's speech. All you have to do is figure out where the lines come from! I will randomly select the winner from the entries. In the comments section, make your guesses. You only have to have one right to be considered for the gift card drawing, but for every two answers you get correct, you'll get an extra entry.
There's one that's a total giveaway, so everyone should have a shot at a $50 gift card!
Ready? Good. Remember, these lines come from books, television, movies, and speeches. They shouldn't be too difficult to figure out! Many of the answers (or clues to the answers) can be found in previous blog entries.
1. "Everybody lies."
2. "We don't want a good principal! We want Mr. Clark!"
3. "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
4. "But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."
5. "Attitude reflects leadership, Captain."
6. "I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks."
7. "There's nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
8. "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!"
9. "That's right, I stepped up! She's my friend and she needed help! If I had to, I'd pee on any one of you!"
10. "Get busy living, or get busy dying."
I've never done this before, so we'll play it by ear as we go, okay? If I've done something wrong or silly here, I'll let you know before I make changes. I do know there should be some rules, so here they are.
The rules:
1. Only one entry per person. For every two correct answers, you get another entry in the random drawing.
2. All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, November 26th, 5 p.m. PST. Winners will be announced here shortly thereafter. (*But be patient...J and I do a lot of traveling over the holidays! I'll get to it as soon as humanly possible.)
3. The winner will be chosen at random from all entries with at least one correct answer. *Tell your friends about this giveaway! The more the merrier! If you link back to this post on your blog, it will get you yet another entry in the drawing! (Just be sure you let me know. Either leave me a message here, or e-mail me at confusaled@hotmail.com)
Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
1. House
2. Lean on Me
3. adam savage
4. barack obama
5. remember the titans
6. to kill a mockingbird
7. shakespeare
8. wc fields (??)
9. friends
10. shawshank redemtion
1. House
2.
3. Adam Savage
4. Barack Obama
5. Remember the Titans
6. To Kill a Mockingbird
7. Shakespeare
8.
9. Friends
10. Shawshank Redemtion
1. House (tv show)
2. Lean on me (movie)
3. Adam Savage (actor)
4. Barack Obama (President Elect)
5. Remember the Titans (movie)
6. To kill a mockingbird (movie and book)
7. Shakesphere (writer)
8. W.C. (movie)
9. FRIENDS!!!! (best TV show EVER!)
10. Shawshank Redemtion (movie)
How fun is this?? And I am the oppisite as you, I am sad to see football season start, but then again my dh watches it all on tv, and loves college and pro! UGH! LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of football!
Post a Comment